- v straighten up or out; make straight
- v make straight
- v get up from a sitting or slouching position
The students straightened when the teacher entered
- v put (things or places) in order
- v straighten by unrolling
- v make straight or straighter
- Having a black First Lady who is widely praised as sophisticated and stylish has done little to calm the debate about whether black women should straighten their hair or wear it .
- Her instructor lists the problems to work on: straighten the legs, revolve the body faster and finish at a better angle.
- We straighten where there are curves.
News & Articles
- Sox no closer to solution
You bet the Red Sox are making contingency plans in case they can’t straighten out Andrew Bailey as the club’s closer. And you can also bet that in case Bailey continues to flounder, the last thing the team wants to do is resort to making a trade to find another one. Much better for the Red Sox to look within rather than without, because dating back to Eric Gagne in 2007 and including Mark ...
June 20, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Camp Pollock keeps outdoor legacy near downtown Sacramento
As campers straighten up tents, gather firewood and rest after a day of activity, nature responds with the calming of wildlife and the quickly darkening sky.
June 19, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Construction begins Monday on dangerous section of Route 68 in Zelienople
Construction crews are preparing to straighten the road near the scene of a deadly accident that took the life of a young woman and her unborn child earlier last week in Zelienople. Pennsylvania Department of Transportation crews will also replace the bridge on Route 68 when work begins on Monday. Authorities said there have been several fatal crashes on that stretch of road, including the one ...
June 19, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Tiger Wood in The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
I miss his guidance,Woods said. "I wish I could have guidance through all this -- to have him help straighten me up. I know he would have done it."
- William Bratton in KNBC.com
I figured I'd come over and straighten out -- we have no intention of participating in today's hearing. It's a total waste of time. We have sufficent laws on the books that we enforce to deal with this issue,Bratton said, still sweaty from...
- Les Miles in Atlanta Journal Constitution
There was misinformation on ESPN, and it was imperative that I straighten it out,Miles said. "I'm the head coach of LSU. I will be the head coach of LSU. I have no intention of talking to anybody else. I've got a championship game to play,...