- v specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement
- v decide upon or fix definitely
specify the parameters
- v determine the essential quality of
- v be specific about
Could you please specify your criticism of my paper?
- v define clearly
- v design or destine
- v select something or someone for a specific purpose
- The charges specify that 727,420 Chinese were "persecuted" during that period, and that 34,274 died, though the often vague indictment did not specify exactly how.
- The CDC did not specify what the threshold for vaccine production would be.
- In an interview yesterday, Grady, the police chief, declined to specify the nature of that threat, and said it was dismissed for a lack of credibility.
News & Articles
- Justice official: Complaint filed against Edward Snowden
WASHINGTON — A Justice Department official says a sealed criminal complaint has been filed against Edward Snowden in the National Security Agency surveillance case. The official declined to specify the criminal charges against the former NSA contractor who has admitted providing information to the news media about two highly classified ...
June 22, 2013 - The Washington Times
- New in AdWords: Add Descriptions to Sitelinks
Google now lets advertisers specify, or nominate, the specific text they would like to appear for their sitelink descriptions. This allows advertisers to be specific about what text they would like to appear on their enhanced advertisements.
June 20, 2013 - Search Engine Watch
- Obama refuses to specify US aid to Syrian rebels
US President Barack Obama on Wednesday refused to specify the exact nature of new US military aid to Syrian rebels, despite signals from top US officials that they will be get small arms and ammunition.
June 19, 2013 - Fox News
- John Edwards in The Canberra Times
Interestingly, the minutes specify that the fiscal or monetary moves will 'take time' to be effective,said John Edwards, HSBC's chief economist for Australia and New Zealand. "This implies that the RBA does not feel obliged to respond...
- Edward Leigh in Times Online
It is now clear that the estimated cost at the time of the bid was entirely unrealistic,Edward Leigh, the chairman of the committee, said. "Despite the astonishing increase in the level of public funding the department did not specify in...
- Kenny Chesney in Washington Post
We thought the least harmful (stated reason) was fraud because it (is) kind of broad ...... doesn't specify,Chesney says. "And boy ...... we were wrong."