- v make dull or stupid or muddle with drunkenness or infatuation
- v be a mystery or bewildering to
- v make senseless or dizzy by or as if by a blow
- This too-too-precious chilly, hilly city is determined to stupefy you with caramel corn, sourdough bread, chocolate cable cars and painting-by-numbers that goes by the name of .
- Ernie Harwell in Detroit Free Press
It's Christmas, Easter and the Fourth of July, all of them combined,Harwell said of Opening Day. "It's a great day. There's a lot of anticipation. I want to see the great lumber men get up to bat and stupefy the pitchers."