- v support through subsidies
The arts in Europe are heavily subsidized
- v secure the assistance of by granting a subsidy, as of nations or military forces
- Well, about 15 states do subsidize private plans that cover abortion for their Medicaid enrollees.
- The auto bailouts subsidize companies and unions that made self-indulgent decisions a few decades ago that drove their industry into the ground.
- States can 1) provide more cash payments to families, 2) subsidize additional jobs or 3) set up onetime, nonrepeating benefit programs.
News & Articles
- Cable customers file lawsuit aimed at breaking up bundles
No one is really happy with cable bundles these days and now some cable customers are filing a class action lawsuit aimed at breaking them up. Consumerist reports that Time Warner Cable customers in California are suing the company because they don’t want to subsidize its exclusive sports broadcasting deals with rising monthly cable prices. The customers say that because they don’t watch any ...
June 21, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- READER SUBMITTED: After The Storm, Inc. Donates To Middlesex Hospital Cancer Center
The After The Storm, Inc. Foundation, recently presented a check for $22,500 to the Middlesex Hospital Cancer Center's Center for Survivorship and Integrative Medicine. The funds are primarily raised from the organization's annual Art Bra event, which auctions off specially made "theme" bras. The money raised goes to subsidize integrative medicine services for women with breast cancer who may ...
June 21, 2013 - FOX CT Hartford
- $40 million in Sandy aid going for affordable housing units
Low-to-moderate income renters displaced by Hurricane Sandy will have a new pool of apartments available to them under a program that will subsidize fair-market value units.David Gard/For The Star-Ledger TRENTON —A new pool of apartments is expected to become available...
June 21, 2013 - The Star-Ledger
- President Bush in Seattle Post Intelligencer
At a time when net farm income is projected to increase by more than $28 billion in one year, the American taxpayer should not be forced to subsidize that group of farmers who have adjusted gross incomes of up to $1.5 million,Bush said....
- John Paul Stevens in Shreveport Times
In his concurring opinion, Justice John Paul Stevens said society should "tolerate" such groups but the school "need not subsidize them, give them its official imprimatur or grant them equal access to law school facilities."
- John Boehner in Houston Chronicle
Coming just one day after the 36th anniversary of the tragic Roe v. Wade decision, this presidential directive forces taxpayers to subsidize abortions overseas - something no American should be required by government to do,said House Minority...