- v consent reluctantly
- v be fatally overwhelmed
- The brave soldier succumbed to the injuries received while trying to break up the ambush.
- In a post-dot-bomb society, you gotta love that Kordestani and the rest of the Google team didn't follow the folly of so many others and succumb to an IPO right away.
- In Herbert Armstrong's theology, unknown to much of his public, the British and the Americans are among the ten lost Hebrew tribes, destined to fight and succumb toa .
News & Articles
- School equity talks: What now?
PPS banks on training to close racial achievement gap in schools Karanja Crews remembers growing up in the 1990s, the dawn of Portland’s crack cocaine epidemic and gang wars between the Bloods and Crips. He saw young black men all around him — including his father — succumb to ...
June 27, 2013 - Portland Tribune
- Winds Wallop Wapello, Iowa, Grain Bins
WAPELLO, Iowa -- The winds came to Wapello on Monday. Damages to trees and some roofs were evident around the Wapello area. Probably the most devastating damage hit grain bins in this rural area. Farmers Elevator and Exchange sits along highway 61. They had two grain bins succumb to the high winds. A 200,000 bushel grain bin was totally disintegrated while a second bin of the same size was ...
June 26, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! News
- Temperature to soar across Arizona, West this week
PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona is in the grips of a dangerous heat wave that could send temperatures soaring to 118 degrees by the weekend in Phoenix, creating ripe conditions for wildfires and forcing the Border Patrol to ramp up efforts to rescue immigrants succumbing to the stifling heat while crossing the border.
June 25, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Central Maine Morning Sentinel
The men and women who gathered there could've heard many things,Obama said. "They could've heard words of anger and discord. They could've been told to succumb to the fear and frustration of so many dreams deferred. But what the people...
- Gordon Brown in Wall Street Journal
Mr. Brown said: "So should we succumb to a race to the bottom and a protectionism that history tells us that, in the end, protects no one? No. We should have the confidence that we can seize the opportunities ahead and make the future work for us."
- Manmohan Singh in BusinessWeek
We need investment and capital flows, as well as an open and rule-based trading system that does not succumb to protectionist tendencies,he said.