- v make a proposal, declare a plan for something
- v drop a hint; intimate by a hint
- v imply as a possibility
The evidence suggests a need for more clarification
- v suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine
- v call to mind
- For some observers, these inconsistencies suggest an even murkier authorship for Sunday's bombing.
- A two-year study in monkeys suggests a mechanism by which social stress impacts heart health: by increasing levels of dangerous fat in the gut.
- Big countries have the most cases but not always the highest incidence (cases per 100,000 people), and rates in the developing world may be even higher than the spotty data suggest.
News & Articles
- The "Taper" Caper
Some may suggest that the recent stock market volatility has been driven by the prospect of the Federal Reserve diminishing the scale of its present bond purchase program. If the Fed were to ?taper? their purchasing, presumably this would lead to higher interest rates. The chief U.S. strategist of Deutsche Bank, David Bianco, penned a note earlier in the year entitled ?Don?t Fear Interest Rate ...
June 12, 2013 - Forbes
- Al Qaeda has feared weapon, Mali documents suggest
Papers left behind strongly suggest group has SA-7 surface-to-air missile, capable of taking down a commercial jet
June 11, 2013 - CBS News
- Bonds, Currencies Suggest Risk Assets May Soon Be Making a Short-Term Top
Bonds, Currencies Suggest Risk Assets May Soon Be Making a Short-Term Top
June 10, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Barack Obama in Sydney Morning Herald
Now, there are some who question the scale of our ambitions -- who suggest that our system cannot tolerate too many big plans,Obama said in his speech, in answer to concerns from some Republican lawmakers who oppose big government.
- Alan Johnson in Telegraph.co.uk
Announcing the raise in threat level, Alan Johnson said on Friday night that "there is no intelligence to suggest than an attack is imminent".
- Ben Bernanke in RTT News
Weak economic data that has come out since the January FOMC meeting "continues to suggest sluggish economic activity in the near term," Bernanke added.