- v continue to live through hardship or adversity
These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America
- v continue in existence after (an adversity, etc.)
He survived the cancer against all odds
- v support oneself
- v live longer than
- If the country's president holds out into the new year, he could survive the opposition for now.
- Former TV producer Ben Sherwood writes about how best to survive a plane crash in his forthcoming book, The Survivors Club.
- The question, of course, is not whether the family will "survive," for that is like asking whether man or biology or society will survive.
News & Articles
- Want to survive a tsunami? Try this
MUKILTEO, Wash — A Mukilteo company has a plan to help people survive the next tsunami. Survival Capsule LLC. and IDEA INC., shipped a specially designed capsule to Tokyo, Japan to show potential investors that a round sphere the companies …
June 13, 2013 - Q13 FOX Seattle
- Therapist: Victims adapt to survive
A therapist who's helping kidnapping victim Jaycee Dugard has advice for others rebuilding their lives after a traumatic ordeal. Anderson Cooper spoke with psychologist Rebecca Bailey about the will to survive and triumph after tragedy.
June 13, 2013 - CNN
- Hurricane Expo: ‘Thrive, survive, stay alive’
The 2013 Tampa Bay Hurricane Expo will kick off Saturday at the Museum of Science and Industry, coinciding with the first day of hurricane season. This year's theme is resiliency and the slogan is "Thrive. Survive. Stay Alive," with the focus of the expo being how to recover successfully after a storm.
June 12, 2013 - FOX 5 Washington D.C.
- Anthony Kennedy in CNN International
Writing for the majority, Justice Anthony Kennedy said, "the laws and Constitution are designed to survive, and remain in force, in extraordinary times. Liberty and security can be reconciled; and in our system reconciled within the framework of the...
- President Bush in Voice of America
The question is, in the long run, will this democracy survive and that is going to be the challenge for future presidents,Mr. Bush said.
- Bert van Marwijk in Memphis Commercial Appeal
We have witnessed it before in the past,he said. "Think about two years ago in Austria and Switzerland. We beat Italy and France and everybody already thought we would become European champions. But we didn't even survive the quarterfinals...