- v offer to buy, as of stocks and shares
The broker subscribed 500 shares
- v mark with one's signature; write one's name (on)
- v adopt as a belief
I subscribe to your view on abortion
- v pay (an amount of money) as a contribution to a charity or service, especially at regular intervals
- v receive or obtain regularly
- Virgil Goode in San Jose Mercury News
In his letter, Goode said: "When I raise my hand to take the oath on Swearing In Day, I will have the Bible in my other hand. I do not subscribe to using the Koran in any way."
- President Bush in The Times
He is a really important figure in a lot of ways. One, he speaks for millions. Two, he doesn't come as a politician; he comes as a man of faith,Bush said in an interview with a Catholic television network. "And three, that I so subscribe...
- Mike Tomlin in Vancouver Sun
I personally don't subscribe to that hocus-pocus,Tomlin said. "What happened in the other two games will have no bearing on the outcome of this game."