grow : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v pass into a condition gradually, take on a specific property or attribute; become
- v become larger, greater, or bigger; expand or gain
- v increase in size by natural process
Corn doesn't grow here
In these forests, mushrooms grow under the trees
her hair doesn't grow much anymore
- v cause to grow or develop
He grows vegetables in his backyard
- v develop and reach maturity; undergo maturation
- v come into existence; take on form or shape
- v cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques
We grow wheat here
- v come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)
- v grow emotionally or mature
- v become attached by or as if by the process of growth
The tree trunks had grown together
- By showing that adult brains can grow new nerve cells he stood neurobiological dogma on its head.
- Taking a page out of a science fiction tale, a scientist at Wake Forest University has figured out how to grow human organs in the lab.
- Search continues to grow in importance as we sift through the mountain of information available to us.
News & Articles
- Fears Grow Over Yemenis' Ties to Iran
Fears Grow Over Yemenis' Ties to Iran
June 19, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Hirsute 'Hoff' crabs grow food in their hair
By Douglas Main, LiveScienceYeti crabs don't comb their hair to look good — they do it because they're hungry.These bizarre deep-sea animals grow their food in their own hair, trapping bacteria and letting it flourish there before "combing" it out and slurping it up. The crabs are found near cold seeps and hydrothermal vents, places where mineral-rich water spews out of the seafloor.Like many a ...
June 19, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Grow a garden instead of grass
I read the June 8 article on Patrick Farrell using the city property to grow a garden between the sidewalk and the street. He was quoted saying, 'I don't like grass.'
June 18, 2013 - Green Bay Press-Gazette
- David Villa in The Associated Press
We've shown that in the big moments we can grow even more,Villa said. "We should have scored more goals, but one from Puyol has put us in the final."
- Barack Obama in USA Today
By the time I'm finished speaking ...... more Americans will have lost their health insurance,Obama told members of Congress. "Millions will lose it this year. Our deficit will grow. Premiums will go up. Co-pays will go up. ...... I will...
- Ben Bernanke in CNNMoney.com
Real gross domestic product will not grow much, if at all, over the first half of 2008 and could even contract slightly,Bernanke said in testimony to Congress' Joint Economic Committee. "A recession is possible."