- n workplace consisting of farm buildings and cultivated land as a unit
it takes several people to work the farm
- v be a farmer; work as a farmer
My son is farming in California
- v collect fees or profits
- v cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques
- All over the world, farms and ranches are turning the curiosity of city slickers into a profitable sideline.
- Prolific crime writer Patricia Cornwell popularly dubbed it a "body farm" in her novel of the same name.
- Viewpoint: If the President is so committed to blocking the bloated farm bill, why is he doing so little to get Congress to sustain his veto?.
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
That conversation I had with the Farm Bureau, I was not ambivalent at all,said Obama.
- President Bush in Austin American-Statesman
America's farm economy is thriving,Bush said during a Rose Garden news conference. "The value of farmland is skyrocketing. And this is the right time to reform our nation's farm policies by reducing unnecessary subsidies."
- John McCain in Jerusalem Post
Here we are at a time when food prices are at historic highs, and farm income is up by 56 percent in just the past two years,McCain said. "Yet even now, the Congress has voted to give billions of dollars in subsidies to some of the biggest...