originate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v come into existence; take on form or shape
A new religious movement originated in that country
- v bring into being
- v begin a trip at a certain point, as of a plane, train, bus, etc.
The flight originates in Calcutta
- Alber, 45, does not attribute any grandiose meaning to clothes: the transformation a woman feels when she puts on one of his dresses should originate in her rather than the cloth.
- A first-century BC tablet, thought to originate from the Jordanian bank of the Dead Sea, that tells the story of a Messiah who rose again after three days from the grave.
- Did Earth Shoes originate somewhere in Scandinavia? No, Milan.
News & Articles
- Movies now showing in Colorado, 6/14/2013
Some reviews originate at newspapers that do not award star ratings; some movies are not screened in advance for critics.
June 14, 2013 - Denver Post
- Could novel drug target autism and fetal alcohol disorder?
( Northwestern University ) A surprising new study reveals a common molecular vulnerability in autism and fetal alcohol disorder. Both have social impairment symptoms and originate during brain development. The study found male offspring of rat mothers given alcohol during pregnancy have social impairment and altered levels of autism-related genes found in humans. But the damage was reversed ...
June 13, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- IRS targeting didn't start in Ohio, Ways and Means chairman says
The Republican congressman said Wednesday that talks with IRS employees showed the effort "didn't originate in Cincinnati."
June 12, 2013 - Washington Post
- Joe Biden in Boston Globe (registration)
Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. . . . I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate. And he's gonna need help,Biden said, though he added that...
- Ben Bernanke in Forbes
Banks do continue to play a central role in credit markets; in particular, because of the burgeoning market for loan sales, banks originate considerably more loans than they keep on their books,Bernanke said.
- John Thain in FOXNews
We had no intention to cut diplomatic relations, as we understood very well that Saakashvili's regime does not represent the Georgian people; it [the Georgian leadership] is anomaly, which does not originate from within the Georgian society, but... Sergey Lavrov http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Lavrov&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEy4xGA6WdxSsb_oOzjP8ZLUnh68g Civil Georgia http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.civil.ge/eng/article.php%3Fid%3D22498&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNERJTpxyYXd_iHASIsG2LSh_rot4A Jul 9, 2010
70262 94272 origination John Thain, who took over after O'Neal's ouster, said in a conference call earlier this year that he would emphasize to the origination going forward the importance of risk management."