- v become bony
- v make rigid and set into a conventional pattern
- v cause to become hard and bony
- Reason: a protective band of tissue that supports the growth plate starts to break down at puberty so that bone can completely ossify in preparation for adulthood.
- Children and animals that live in glassed houses are cheated of that ultraviolet part of the sun's light which helps the bones ossify.
- All fixed, fast-frozen relations are swept away; all new-formed ones become antiquated before they can ossify.
News & Articles
- App Fatigue Sets In As The Digital Revolution Ages
The technology pendulum never stops swinging. Its rhythms create, then disrupt, then transform, delighting users while enriching innovators. When tech revolutions reach middle age innovators give way to optimizers, markets saturate, and products ossify. That is what creates the right conditions for the next cycle. Having been at this game since minicomputers vanquished punch cards, I've ridden ...
Dec. 10, 2013 - Forbes