- v divide by two; divide into halves
- To halve the length of meetings, have people stand, because they won't waste as much time on digressions if they're not seated.
- As Yunus told PTI last October, "At the rate we're heading, we'll halve total poverty by 2015.
- Question 1 asked voters to support a measure that would halve the state's current 5.
- Lee Westwood in San Francisco Chronicle
You walk a fine line when you start doing that sort of thing,Westwood said. "I don't mind raising your arms and whipping the crowd up. But at 12 when Boo holed off the back (of the green), I've still got a putt for the halve. There's no...
- Phil Mickelson in International Herald Tribune
We played with a lot of heart and a lot of emotion today to pull the halve and win out,Mickelson said. "We have a lot of work to do. This is a fun day. I love playing with this guy. Anthony has got this youthfulness to him, and he has a...
- Geoff Miller in UK Express
Chief selector Geoff Miller said: "We have an exciting blend of youth and experience in this preliminary squad. It is pleasing to see such genuine competition for places as we look to halve the squad later next month."