arrive : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v reach a destination; arrive by movement or progress
She arrived home at 7 o'clock
- v succeed in a big way; get to the top
After he published his book, he had arrived
- It is still midmorning in Malawi when we arrive at a small village, Nthandire, about an hour outside of Lilongwe, the capital.
- The day I follow them, the medics arrive at the scene of an accident in three minutes, three times faster than the ambulance.
- Mottaki: The negotiations are continuing to arrive at such a formula.
News & Articles
- As top prospects arrive, when will Myers be coming to Tampa Bay?
Rays minor leaguer Wil Myers might be the best hitting prospect in baseball, but even as other eagerly anticipated rookies arrive, he remains at Triple-A. Jay Jaffe explains why.
June 12, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Flame of Hope will arrive in WNY
The Flame of Hope will arrive in western New York, leading up to the start of the Special Olympics on Friday.
June 12, 2013 - WIVB Buffalo
- Afghan children arrive in Charlotte for donated medical care
Nearly 20 children arrived in Charlotte from Afghanistan Wednesday morning. They will spend the next six weeks here, living with local families. During that time, the children will get critical medical care donated by local doctors and hospitals. Sandy Tabor-Gray brings several children to our area each year through the group Solace for the Children Lake Norman. She said, "We try to choose our ...
June 12, 2013 - WSOC-TV Charlotte
- Barack Obama in guardian.co.uk
We're confident we can arrive at something that is common-sensical,Obama told reporters after a White House meeting with US credit card company executives.
- Ehud Olmert in Guardian Unlimited
The goal, Olmert said, "is to arrive at a joint statement during the international conference, even though the existence of such a statement was never a condition for holding this conference," he said.
- Fabio Capello in USA Today
Germany always arrive at the second part of the season very well when you play Champions League,he said, referring to Bayern Munich reaching the final of European soccer's premier club competition. "The reason is that it's very important...