- v enter or assume a certain state or condition
- v undergo a change or development
- v come into existence
What becomes has duration
- v enhance the appearance of
Mourning becomes Electra
- The irrational attacks on health-care reform show what the GOP has become: a party of nihilists.
- A PTI cover story the Politics of Pot -- Can marijuana become legalized for everyone?.
- Social scientists used to have a straightforward, if tongue-in-cheek, answer to the question of how to become happy: Surround yourself with people who are uglier, poorer and .
News & Articles
- Jameis Winston clear favorite to become FSU’s starting QB after Clint Trickett allowed to transfer
Jameis Winston clear favorite to become FSU’s starting QB after Clint Trickett allowed to transfer
June 22, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Rick Mello to become interim AD at Rice
Rick Mello to become interim AD at Rice Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 5:18 pm, Friday, June 21, 2013 Rick Mello will be named interim athletic director at Rice when Rick Greenspan leaves the school at the end of the month, a source with knowledge of the situation said ...
June 21, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Offshore Wind May Become Key to Japan’s Energy Mix, Vestas Says
Wind energy, especially offshore, could become a key power source as the country reviews its energy strategy, Vestas Wind Systems A/S (VWS) Chief Marketing Officer Morten Albaek said.
June 20, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Barack Obama in Newsweek
I understand how easy it is for this town to become consumed in the game of politics, to turn every issue into a running tally of who's up and who's down,Obama said in his opening remarks.
- Claire Danes in The Canadian Press
I hadn't done anything in television since 'My So-Called Life,'Danes said. "Both projects are so extraordinary and since I was last nominated - since I was a kid - television has become incredibly sophisticated and a wonderfully fertile...
- Linda Lingle in CNN
I am vetoing this bill because I have become convinced that this issue is of such significant societal importance that it deserves to be decided directly by all the people of Hawaii,Lingle said. "The subject of this legislation has touched...