- n soreness and warmth caused by friction
he had a nasty chafe on his knee
- n anger produced by some annoying irritation
- v become or make sore by or as if by rubbing
- v feel extreme irritation or anger
- v cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations
- v tear or wear off the skin or make sore by abrading
This leash chafes the dog's neck
- v cause friction
- v warm by rubbing, as with the hands
- Many of the Al-Madinah girls willingly accept the limits, even when they chafe: "Allah comes before basketball, before a million dollars and before everything," says team captain .
- Ferrell not only doesn't chafe under the demands of popular taste--"I love playing the macho guy who looks like an idiot," he says--he has reduced movie stardom to a series of .
- But for blacks who've made it to the upper echelons of American society, those old lessons chafe, and you tire of wearing the mask of deference.
News & Articles
- Sam Venable: Superman's skivvies go undercover
The latest news on the fashion-entertainment front is making a lot of people chafe — and no amount of Gold Bond powder will ease their discomfort.
June 20, 2013 - Knoxville News Sentinel
- John Kerry in New York Times
And for the Afghans who chafe at foreign boots on their soil, it sends a message that while America will remain committed to the Afghan people, we aren't interested in a permanent occupation,Mr. Kerry said.
- Kaiser Kuo in Christian Science Monitor
Anyone moving to a new culture must be prepared for periods of homesickness, alienation or even a sense of estrangement. But if you prepare to enjoy the country you live in and choose to go with the flow rather than chafe at the inconveniences and... Andrea http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHLqsZXt5QuQobNSEyLg3N6eBm0Hg Deccan Herald http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.deccanherald.com/content/78832/odyssey-through-culture.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHRydzEqYvbL8CAa20USOE-kxH1Bg Jul 2, 2010
16437 22919 chafe There will always be those who chafe against censorship and those who defend the regime," says Kuo.