- n any of numerous plants having stinging hairs that cause skin irritation on contact (especially of the genus Urtica or family Urticaceae)
- v sting with or as with nettles and cause a stinging pain or sensation
- v cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations
- The nettle's little stinger is one of nature's meanest masterpieces.
- A farm is an irregular patch of nettles bound by short-term notes, containing a fool and his wife who didnt know enough to stay in the city.
- Calvin Hoffman, a reporter, drama critic, Shakespearean scholar, is the first man to try to grasp this nettle firmly.
News & Articles
- Researchers from ODU find edible plants in Va. forests
FREDERICKSBURG Walk down any nature trail, field or patch of woods in the Fredericksburg area, and you pass by a veritable feast of edible plants. But most people don't know the difference between the edible and tasty false nettle, and poison hemlock — both of which grow along the Rappahannock River.
June 30, 2013 - The Virginian-Pilot