- n the psychological state of being irritated or annoyed
- n anger produced by some annoying irritation
- n an unpleasant person who is annoying or exasperating
- n something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness
- n the act of troubling or annoying someone
- Much to the annoyance of baby boomers, their kids often prefer rapping to singing and consider rhythm and riffs more important than melody.
- There are less degenerate ways to solve the problem of airplane noise, an annoyance rapidly evolving into a menace.
- For some time I've been trying to figure out how best to express my annoyanceis annoyance the right word? I think it isat the ever-growing group of books that seek to use .
News & Articles
- Pre-caffeine tech: Internet hiding, regretful dogs
Our pre-caffeine roundup is a collection of the hottest, strangest, and most amusing stories of the morning.Privacy, please! New technologies could hide your identity online ... in the future, anyway.But, hey! Here's six things you can do now to be stealthier on the Internet.Yup. Encrypted e-mail: How much annoyance will you tolerate to keep the NSA away?Think about it: Overly Attached ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii disc changer shown at E3, creators say next-gen version planned
Physical media might lend itself well to the used games market (well, usually ), but it does have a distinct disadvantage over digital purchases: you still have to get up and change that disc. It's a minor annoyance, but apparently enough of one to spark the creation of the Exeo Entertainment Extreme Gamer XG 10, an Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3 compatible game jukebox with room for ten retail titles ...
June 14, 2013 - Engadget
- Football Fans Are All Over Tebowmania with Tebowing Patriots T-Shirts
Feeling just a tad bit exhausted from all the ongoing Tim Tebow football coverage? Try to ignore all the Patriots Tebowing t-shirts then. ESPN's Darren Rovell reports the newest craze (annoyance?) are these fancy shirts that feature the Patriots' logo doing a gesture that is roughly as trendy as Zubaz pants and ska music. If you are unfamiliar with that pose, you are indeed a lucky individual ...
June 13, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Michael Griffin in USA Today
We've got days and days, and we're not even worrying about the clock problem,Griffin said. "The clock problem is an annoyance, but it's not a real problem in the sense that we know how to deal with it."
- Dr Richard Carmona in USA Today
The debate is over,Surgeon General Richard Carmona said in issuing the report Tuesday. "The science is clear. Secondhand smoke is not a mere annoyance but a serious health hazard."
- Izzadine Saleem in International Herald Tribune
They did not try to give us services, instead they were a source of annoyance by delaying us at their checkpoints and mocking the simple locals,said Salim Ali, a 45-year-old farmer.