- n a symptom of some physical hurt or disorder
the patient developed severe pain and distension
- n emotional distress; a fundamental feeling that people try to avoid
the pain of loneliness
- n a somatic sensation of acute discomfort
as the intensity increased the sensation changed from tickle to pain
- n a bothersome annoying person
that kid is a terrible pain
- n something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness
- v cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed
- v cause emotional anguish or make miserable
It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school
- What you need to know about the new rules for treating pain at hospitals and other facilities.
- What is pain? Everybody knows because everybody has suffered it, but nobody can tell anybody else.
- A control group of similar back-pain patients were told to continue doing whatever it was they did to relieve their pain, whether it was taking over-the-counter pain relievers or .
News & Articles
- T-Pain Won't Buy Kanye West Baby Gift Because West Has "No Couth"
T-Pain tells Us that he's afraid to gift Kanye West with baby presents because West is "not couth" about showing his distaste. Credit: Kevin Winter/Getty Images
June 28, 2013 - US Weekly
- Pain center remains open following raid
Editor's note - As of midday Thursday the Advance Pain Center in Farmington appeared to be open for business. A spokesperson for the US Attorney Eastern District of Missouri declined further comment, saying only that yesterday’s events were a law enforcement action and no further information was available. A call placed to the center was answered, but the reporter was told that no comment would ...
June 28, 2013 - Park Hills Daily Journal
- Pain Relief in Seconds with New Gemstone Magnetic Bracelet, Announced Pain Free Living
Superior Magnetics for Pain Free Living announced a new magnetic bracelet combined with gemstones that relieves pain in seconds. (PRWeb June 27, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/magnetic/bracelets/prweb10877033.htm
June 27, 2013 - PRWeb
- Oscar Tabarez in The Age
From the first minute Forlan had a problem. He was injured and could not continue,Tabarez said of the Athletico Madrid striker. "He had a pain and during the match we took a decision to try another man who was fresh. It was nothing really...
- Rupert Murdoch in guardian.co.uk
In his statement yesterday, Mr Murdoch said: "I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project. We are very sorry for any pain that his has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson."
- David Cameron in CNN (blog)
It is desperately sad news. Another family with such grief and pain and loss,British Prime Minister David Cameron said. "Of course the 300th death is no more or less tragic than the 299 that came before."