- n (law) a broad legal concept including anything that disturbs the reasonable use of your property or endangers life and health or is offensive
- n a bothersome annoying person
- For those who do, however, cold sores are a painful and permanent nuisance, always erupting in the same location, at the original site of infection on the lips or mouth.
- Many a private citizen yearns to sue the perpetrator of a public nuisance, only to find that he must show a direct personal injury to himself or his property.
- Noon's words won quick response from India's Nehru, who has long considered the border incidents "an intolerable nuisance.
News & Articles
- When Cleaning fMRI Data is a Nuisance
A flaw in data processing could be leading to biases in fMRI brain functional connectivity patterns, according to a new report: The Nuisance of Nuisance Regression. Ironically, two high-profile recent papers about bias are amongst the victims. The new paper, from Pittsburgh's Michael Hallquist and colleagues, is essentially about a case where 2 + 2 = 3. Functional connectivity fMRI (fcMRI) is a ...
June 12, 2013 - Discover
- Nuisance ordinance changes: nit-picky or too lax?
Changes to the nuisance ordinance are long overdue, but there needs to be some "gray area" where inspectors use discretion when issuing citations, say city officials.
June 11, 2013 - Ottumwa Courier
- Nuisance bear killed in Longville
The Cass County Sheriff’s Office received several reports Thursday morning at about 8:30 a.m. of a nuisance bear in the city of Longville.
June 11, 2013 - The Pilot-Independent
- John Kerry in USA Today
Bush cited a New York Times Magazine article Sunday that quoted Kerry as saying, "We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance. As a former law enforcement person, I know we're...
- Mark Hughes in guardian.co.uk
I'm sure people will make a nuisance about that,Hughes said. "I seem to recall Brian Clough clipping someone around the ear and he was lauded as a national hero. Maybe it will be the same case with Craig but I doubt it."
- Condoleezza Rice in Washington Post
Democratic institutions and an open society are not a source of weakness. Nor is freedom of speech and freedom of the press just a nuisance that the state can attack at will,Rice said.