- n extreme mental distress
- n extreme distress of body or mind
- v suffer great pains or distress
- v cause emotional anguish or make miserable
- The unexpected turn of events lifted her anguish and she got on with her work.
- Falwell's agreement with Botha and his soft-pedaling of the anguish faced by South Africa's blacks infuriated many commentators.
- The last weeks of Kurt Cobain's life were filled with turmoil and anguish -- and gossip.
News & Articles
- Jury awards former Jefferson County employee $400,000
Jury awards former Jefferson County employee $400,000 Beaumont Enterprise Copyright 2013 Beaumont Enterprise. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 6:29 pm, Friday, June 14, 2013 The jury awarded Nguyen $150,000 for mental anguish, $150,000 for loss of earnings, and $100,000 for loss of retirement, health, medical and life ...
June 15, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- Slain officer’s kin still in pain
Jennifer Lemmerman and her tight-knit family have been leaning on each other to get through the agonizing loss of her brother, slain Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer Sean Collier. But despite the invaluable family support, there are still moments of deep anguish, such as when she goes to send him a text message but suddenly remembers he’s gone.
June 15, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Cricket-South Africa scrape into semi-finals
* South Africa through after rain-affected tie * Pollard anguish as West Indies go out June 14 (Reuters) - South Africa scraped into the Champions Trophy semi-finals after their Group B match against West Indies in Cardiff on Friday was declared a tie on the Duckworth-Lewis method for determining rain-affected matches. West Indies, who were 190 for six off 26.1 overs chasing a target of 231 in ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- President Bush in 940 News
It's a sad situation out there in Southern California,Bush said outside the White House before leaving for California. "I fully understand that the people have got a lot of anguish in their hearts. They just need to know a lot of folks...
- Chip Ganassi in ESPN
This is a difficult decision for Felix and I that did not come without its share of anguish,Ganassi said. "In this tough business environment continuing to run the car without proper funding has become increasingly difficult."
- Kwame Kilpatrick in USA Today
As his mother, US Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick watched, Kilpatrick said, "I want to emphasize tonight that I take full responsibility for my actions. ...... Our challenge now is to put the anguish and the turmoil of recent months behind us."