fustian : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n pompous or pretentious talk or writing
- n a strong cotton and linen fabric with a slight nap
- Amid calls for radical reform of Britain's fustian political system, the next Parliament is already guaranteed to have a fresh face, with droves of MPs vowing not to run at the .
- And they spoke the King's English: King James', with an assist from any screenwriter willing to gussy up his fustian.
- They are full of the fustian of Romanticism, but one must remember that it was a fustian that he himself had largely created through his own writings, years before.