- n a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion
- n pompous or pretentious talk or writing
- v talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner
- Scott Boilen, CEO and president of Allstar Marketing Group, the company that makes the cuddly cassock, is familiar with Snuggie haters; he's seen Cosgrove's rant.
- Now Steve Dublanica has penned Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip Confessions of a Cynical Waiter to expose the curmudgeonly inner life of restaurant servers.
- Or take Cameron Cosgrove, an 18-year-old Connecticut native who posted a seven-minute, profanity-laden rant on YouTube about the cuddly merchandise.
News & Articles
- Rant & Rave: Yay for free flowers, boo to highway slowpokes
Seattle Times readers take time to smell the flowers and to rant at public pot smokers, leaf blowers.
June 16, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Tribune sports rant: Hey, college coaches, it’s icky to recruit seventh-graders
Tribune sports rant: Hey, college coaches, it’s icky to recruit seventh-graders Published Jun 15, 2013 06:43PM MDT According to ESPN.com, QB Lindell Stone of Southlake, Texas, WR Nathan Tilford of Upland, Calif., ILB Dylan Moses of Baton Rouge, La., and CB Jairus Brents of New Albany, Ind., have all received recent scholarship offers to play college football for programs in so-called BCS ...
June 16, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Dunkin’ Donuts rant backfires. Employees get the raves.
Dunkin Donuts rant posted on Facebook earns kudos for two of the chain’s employees. The video shows them calmly handling the racially charged Dunkin’ Donuts rant.
June 13, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Bono in USA Today
When I do my rant on making poverty history, I have got Larry Mullen, our drummer ...... timing me,U2's Bono said.
- Tracey Ullman in San Jose Mercury News
That spectrum includes what Ullman calls one of her "weirdest" impersonations-her mutation into curmudgeonly "60 Minutes" commentator Andy Rooney for "a cathartic, truthful, improvised rant" in the show's fourth episode.
- Jim Leyland in USA Today
I'm sure people are expecting me to rant and rave, but this team has too many professionals for me to have to do that,manager Jim Leyland said. "They shouldn't need to be told what they are doing wrong."