- n insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous
- n a depression scratched or carved into a surface
- n obscene terms for penis
- n the act of puncturing with a small point
he gave the balloon a small prick
- v make a small hole into, as with a needle or a thorn
The nurse pricked my finger to get a small blood sample
- v cause a stinging pain
The needle pricked his skin
- v raise
The dog pricked up his ears
- v stab or urge on as if with a pointed stick
- v cause a prickling sensation
- v to cause a sharp emotional pain
The thought of her unhappiness pricked his conscience
- v deliver a sting to
- An active market in house-price futures and options--Shiller has recently helped launch such securities on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange--would let skeptical speculators prick .
- You see my parents were sometimes abusive, And it made a prick of me.
- Nurses and doctors are also taking a drop of blood with a quick prick of the newborn's heel, then testing the sample for an array of genetic and metabolic diseases.
News & Articles
- Pond: Parenting our area's parentless
Leave it to the artists to prick a nation’s conscience regarding cultural issues long ignored. Harriet Beecher Stowe’s novel, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, slapped a sleepy nation in its complacency and fueled the fight to bring slavery to an end.
June 9, 2013 - Wichita Falls Times Record News
- Hemoglobin Analyzer performs strip-based test.
Designed for anemia determination, hand-held STAT-Site M Hgb delivers accurate hemoglobin analysis results within 30 seconds from 15 µL of finger-prick whole blood. Portable hemoglobin photometer is maintenance-free and provides step-by-step on-screen instructions. Using just one 3 V Li type battery for every 1,000 tests and with operating temperature range of 16–35°C, analyzer is suitable ...
June 7, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Paul Azinger in Reuters.uk
Nick Faldo has tried to redefine himself,Azinger told the Mail on Sunday. "Some people have bought it. Some have not. But if you're going to be a prick and everyone hates you, why do you think that just because you're trying to be cute and...
- Robbie Williams in Telegraph.co.uk
I consider the word prick is of a less derogatory nature than other words and it is in common usage in this country,Robbie Williams, the Waverley Local Court magistrate, told the court on Monday.
- Ron Barassi in Melbourne Herald Sun
If you see a woman being belted up, you step in. It's like when a kid is being bashed. It's not right,Barassi said. "I'm OK. I went for my 5km walk today. It'd take more than a prick like that to stop me."