goad : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a pointed instrument that is used to prod into a state of motion
- n a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something
- v give heart or courage to
- v urge with or as if with a goad
- v stab or urge on as if with a pointed stick
- v goad or provoke,as by constant criticism
- Finally, intravenous fluids were administered to goad what little circulation he had left.
- Not only did Kremlin agents fail to goad the Balts into armed resistance, which would have provided a pretext for more bloodshed, but local ethnic Russians also refused to form a .
- As I type, the populist filmmaker is on CNN, where Wolf Blitzer is trying to goad him into admitting that he is a socialist.
News & Articles
- Fred C. Goad, Jr. Joins Hubble Telemedical Board of Directors
KNOXVILLE, Tenn., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hubble Telemedical, a healthcare services and information technology company, today announced that Fred C. Goad, Jr. has joined the company's Board as an ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
ARIES (March 21 to April 19) Count to 10 if you must, but don't lose your temper, despite that person's (you know who!) efforts to goad you into reacting. Your restraint will pay off in a big way.
June 11, 2013 - Fond du Lac Reporter
- Dr. Marlon Goad, DDS, in Hillsville, Virginia Joins the TeethWhiteningForFree.com Family
Need dental care and in the Hillsville, Virginia area? Look up the area’s newest member of the TeethWhiteningforFree.com family, Dr. Marlon Goad, DDS, to get complimentary teeth whitening today. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10815902.htm
June 10, 2013 - PRWeb
- John Conyers in Kansas City Star
The chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. John Conyers, a Michigan Democrat, said in a statement that Mueller's notes "confirm an attempt to goad a sick and heavily medicated Ashcroft to approve the warrantless surveillance program."
- Raja Bell in USA Today
I knew Rip was trying to goad me into something, and I didn't want any part of it,Bell said. "I asked the ref if he saw what Rip was doing, but he didn't do anything. Rip started talking again, and as soon as I said anything, he gave us a...
- Vince Papale in NBC 10.com
I always wanted to do it. My friends did goad me but I wanted to keep it quiet, I didn't want to be perceived as a buffoon,Papale said.