- n a depression scratched or carved into a surface
- n the cutting of or into body tissues or organs (especially by a surgeon as part of an operation)
- The hair is combed carefully away from the place of incision, made to lie flat and remain securely in place by spraying with a non-lacquer wave-set compound.
- Under the bright lights that illuminate the surgical incision with brutal clarity, the achievement of the surgeon and his assistants becomes one of the greater glories of science.
- I take a steak knife and stab an inch-long, inch-deep incision into the shark's back--no easy task, considering that its skin is as thick as a watermelon rind and as tough as .
News & Articles
- At trial, Family hears details of how man died in slaying
At trial, Family hears details of how man died in slaying by Marissa Lang The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 13, 2013 08:17PM MDT Wound by wound, a medical examiner on Thursday walked a jury through how Kaleb Yazzie died in the early morning hours of July 31, 2012. He counted off cuts: one, a gash in the neck that pierced Yazzie’s jugular; two, an incision to the chest that stopped short when ...
June 14, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Matthew Ouimet has successful follow-up surgery
Good news: no sign of rejection in donated kidney and liver given 2-year-old from Antioch. Matthew had surgery Wednesday to biopsy the transplanted organs, insert a feeding tube and close the incision from last week's transplant surgery.
June 13, 2013 - San Jose Mercury News
- Matthew Ouimet has follow-up surgery 7 days after transplant
Planned surgery allowed doctors to biopsy transplanted organs, insert feeding tube and fully close incision on 2-year-old Matthew Ouimet of Antioch.
June 12, 2013 - Contra Costa Times
- Glenn Roeder in Sportinglife.com
Roeder said: "Once we get him back up here at the weekend, then probably early next week, he can come back to the training ground. I know the surgeon and he said he had done a neat and tidy job, made the incision as small as possible so he can...
- Trevor Immelman in AFP
Right now I probably don't have as much movement in the tissue around where the incision was, but from a strength standpoint I feel like I'm hitting the ball the same distance as what I was,Immelman said. "My game feels like it has come...
- Sylvester Croom in Tiger Sports Digest
He says he's feeling better,Croom said. "I still don't anticipate him practicing tomorrow, if he practices by Thursday I'll be tickled. When you're that big, it'sa problem. It's nothing wrong with the toe, it'sa matter of the incision...