- n a long narrow opening
- n obscene terms for female genitals
- n a depression scratched or carved into a surface
- n a narrow fissure
- v make a clean cut through
slit her throat
- v cut a slit into
slit the throat of the victim
- Three years ago, Clint Eastwoodan unshaven, slit-eyed refugee from television's Rawhidewas glad to get an invitation from Italian Director Sergio Leone to star in a hokey.
- His throat, too, was slit.
- But now many of the slit drums and skull cradles are empty, for new European head-hunters have been prowling the river regions, ethnic art dealers armed with dollars and euros more .
News & Articles
- TV Review: Reality TV's best dressed? Vote!
Fashion Face-Off: Who is the best dressed reality TV judge? Round 1, part 1 Christina Aguilera’s collection of folding fans, JLo’s curve-hugging (midriff-baring, slit-up-to-there, bedazzled) dresses, Nina Garcia’s impeccably tailored designer ensembles.
June 12, 2013 - Entertainment Weekly
- Woman travels the country to help veterans in need
Lisa Groves has taken a handful of bullets from a veteran who was considering suicide. She has helped dispose of pills for a veteran who had lost all hope. She has clamped her hand over the freshly slit wrists of a veteran who was trying to take his own life.
June 12, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Man Who Slit His Wrists Outside Today Show Studio Says He Was Protesting IRS: ‘Going To Kill Me Anyway’
Pak Chong Mar , 75, was the man who slit his wrists outside the Today show studio on Thursday. The act, he said, in protest of government corruption and the "powerful" IRS. Speaking to the New York Daily News — which tracked him down in the hospital — Pak said it was a "desperate" act in the "fight for justice."
June 7, 2013 - Mediaite
- Anne Keothavong in AFP
I'm not going to go away and slit my wrists,said Keothavong. "You have to find a way to laugh about it. What else is there to do? I'm sure there will be jokes about it, but I can take it."
- Randy Carlyle in SportingNews.com
He had a slit in his socks,Carlyle said. "I never saw it."
- Brian Billick in USA Today
We lost the game and you can't ever feel good about a loss,Ravens coach Brian Billick said. "With the circumstances, on the road, against a championship-caliber club, with the adversity we faced, I'm not going to go home and slit my...