- n a military recruit who is assigned menial tasks
- n a person serving a sentence in a jail or prison
- Frank Sinatra, who ably made the switch from crooner to yardbird last year in From Here to Eternity, now proves there is plenty of ham on the famous skinnybones.
- The ensuing scramble is pure bedlam, because the last two men of the platoon to answer roll call get the "yardbird" detail.
- A grinning account of yardbird misadventures during World War II, it instantly catapulted the 22-year-old North Carolina recruit to fame.
News & Articles
- John Kunkel honored as a Florida Entrepreneur of the Year
Miami foodies know John Kunkel for his crispy friend chicken (Yardbird), tangy northern Thai delicacies (Khong River House) , smokey brisket (Swine) and healthy cheap Mexican eats (Lime Fresh.) The founder and CEO of the 50 Eggs group is also a freshly awarded Ernst & Young Florida Entrepreneur of the Year in the hospitality category. (He previously was honored as one of the Miami Herald’s 20 ...
June 14, 2013 - Miami Herald