- n a person serving a sentence in a jail or prison
- n a person who has been convicted of a criminal offense
- v find or declare guilty
The man was convicted of fraud and sentenced
- After six days the convict gets so he thinks, "It ain't nothing but another moccasin," when he steps on a snake.
- HEARTS IN CHAINS: A photo of convict Emma Mayner and her children with a letter to her grandson and a hand-sewn "forget-me-not".
- She is a keening Irishwoman in Foggy Dew, a chain-gang convict in Take This Hammer, a deserted lover in Lass from the Low Country.
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
In February 2008, during his presidential campaign, Obama described the Guantanamo trials as "a flawed military commission system that has failed to convict any one of a terrorist act since the 9/11 attacks and that has been embroiled in legal...
- Miguel Estrada in The American Lawyer
Reacting to the ruling, Black's lawyer, Miguel Estrada of Gibson Dunn, said in a statement, "Given that the jury already decisively rejected the government's attempt to convict Mr. Black for 'traditional' fraud, we are confident the lower courts...
- Conrad Black in Edmonton Sun
I don't think he has any credibility,Black said outside the Chicago courtroom after Radler stepped off the witness stand Thursday afternoon. "I don't think any jury in the world would convict anybody on the basis of what he said. I repeat...