defraud : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v deprive of by deceit
She defrauded the customers who trusted her
- In 1920 he was sent to a Federal penitentiary for using the mails to defraud.
- Quipped LaGuardia, remembering that only last December Mayor Ellenstein was indicted for conspiracy to defraud his own city in the purchase of land for Newark Airport: "Poor .
- KENNETH LAY, former Enron chief executive, testifying at his trial on charges of conspiring to defraud investors "We have children getting killed by gang leaders and dope dealers.
News & Articles
- Eighth Arrest Made In Medicaid Fraud Case, More Expected
Follow Your Town News On The Courant's New Britain Facebook Page An eighth person was charged Thursday in connection with a scheme to defraud the state's Medicaid program, and more arrests are expected, the Office of the Chief State's Attorney said.
June 14, 2013 - Hartford Courant
- France Télécom CEO charged with conspiracy to defraud
France Télécom's CEO Stéphane Richard has been charged with conspiracy to defraud, a Paris court announced Wednesday. The charge relates to alleged activities before he joined the company.
June 13, 2013 - TechWorld
- IVC employees warned about retirement scam
Irvine Valley College's Police Department warned Thursday that someone has been trying to defraud the school's employees by convincing them to invest in a sham retirement plan.
June 13, 2013 - Daily Pilot