scam : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a fraudulent business scheme
- v deprive of by deceit
- A less polite but perhaps more accurate term would be scam.
- In testimony yesterday before the House Financial Services Committee, Harry Markopolos, an early whistle-blower on Madoff's $50 billion Ponzi scam, said there were at least 14 .
- Another common Facebook scam is to hack someone's account and then send messages to friends asking for money (like the old Nigerian businessman scam, but with a hey-it's-your-old .
News & Articles
- New Facebook scam fakes pastors' pages
In a new Facebook scam, con artists are impersonating popular church pastors. Once they gain a following, scammers use their influence to drum up donations for nonexistent causes.
June 15, 2013 - Wichita Falls Times Record News
- Scam aimed at Craig's List users
Fremont Police received a report from a Fremont woman about an attempted scam involving a Craig's List listing.
June 14, 2013 - Fremont Tribune
- Scam Targeting Seniors with Medical Alert Systems
The Columbia County Sheriff's office is warning the public about a scam targeting seniors.
June 14, 2013 - NBC 10 - FOX 14 Monroe
- John Boehner in Washington Post
To ask the 94 percent of people who are paying their mortgages on time to pay additional funds so they can bail out scam artists and speculators and, frankly, banks who may have made bad loans is not fair,Rep. John A. Boehner of Ohio, the...
- Norm Coleman in San Jose Mercury News
Using the ID numbers of dead doctors, these scam artists have treated Medicare like an ATM machine, drawing money out of the government's account with little fear of getting caught,said Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn., the top Republican on the...