pro : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an athlete who plays for pay
- n an argument in favor of a proposal
- a in favor of (an action or proposal etc.)
a pro vote
- r in favor of a proposition, opinion, etc.
- A wave of pro-anorexia web sites has flooded the Internet, providing dangerous support and how-to tips to a new generation of anorexics.
- You may remember that back in May, Gallup released a poll showing that for the first time, a majority of Americans in their survey described themselves as "pro-life" rather than .
- Emissaries from Capitol Hill, delegations of scientists, pro-lifers, bioethicists, patients' advocates, the Pope if they had a take, they had his ear.
News & Articles
- TechTool Pro goes 64-bit, offering enhanced RAM testing
Software company Micromat, maker of the popular TechTool Pro diagnostics and repair utility , has come out with a new version of the program. TechTool Pro 7 has been rewritten in 64-bit code, which among general enhancements to the software makes it possible to better test memory on modern Mac systems. One of the key new features in TechTool Pro 7 is its new memory test routine, which is ...
June 20, 2013 - CNET
- PRO Unlimited, Inc. Ranked the World’s Largest Vendor-Neutral MSP/VMS, In Key Industry Categories and Growth Areas
According to the widely regarded annual VMS/MSP Supplier Landscape report, PRO Unlimited continues to be recognized by the Staffing Industry Analysts as a multi-category lead
June 20, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- 'DWTS' pro Louis Van Amstel releases women's clothing line
'DWTS' pro Louis Van Amstel talks about his LVA fitness clothing line, and "So You Think You Can Dance"
June 20, 2013 - OnTheRedCarpet.com
- President Bush in Irish Times
Last week I shot 70-76, and I didn't play Saturday. I didn't play Sunday. I traveled on Monday. I hit two bags of balls on Tuesday and a couple of putts, maybe an hour and a half of practice. I played the Pro-Am yesterday, and I'm not kidding, we... Paul Goydos http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Goydos&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHJZ19w-IlK5t9kCzfzUNoXM5RZjQ Golfweek.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.golfweek.com/news/2010/jul/08/mr-sunshines-outlook-pays-during-59/%3FBLOG-TourBlog&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFZu_bKAJApPtxUYBPVGlfWOzlDtA Jul 8, 2010
77631 104679 pro I'd be glad to help him if he's the nominee - he is very strong on national defence, he is tough fiscally, he is pro-life. His principles are sound and solid," Mr Bush said.
- Condoleezza Rice in Forbes
As for Arab criticism Bush leans too far in supporting Israel, Rice said, "The president isn't pro this or pro that. The president is pro-democracy and pro-peace."