- n a written document describing the findings of some individual or group
- n the act of informing by verbal report
he heard reports that they were causing trouble
- n a short account of the news
the report of his speech
- n a sharp explosive sound (especially the sound of a gun firing)
they heard a violent report followed by silence
- n a written evaluation of a student's scholarship and deportment
his father signed his report card
- n an essay (especially one written as an assignment)
- n the general estimation that the public has for a person
he was a person of bad report
- v to give an account or representation of in words
- v announce as the result of an investigation or experience or finding
Dozens of incidents of wife beatings are reported daily in this city
The team reported significant advances in their research
- v announce one's presence
I report to work every day at 9 o'clock
- v make known to the authorities
One student reported the other to the principal
- v be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism
Snow reported on China in the 1950's
The cub reporter covered New York City
- v complain about; make a charge against
I reported her to the supervisor
- Full Text of the Starr Report.
- Scary intelligence reports pop up all the time, but this particular terror operation got close enough to being carried out that it rattled even the normally sedate Chertoff.
- Even on Monday, the newspaper struggled to get a copy of the accident report.
- Roger Clemens in Bloomberg
I know that some people will still think I am lying, no matter what I say or do,Clemens said. "And I know that because I didn't take steroids, it will look like an attack on Senator Mitchell's report. I am not saying Senator Mitchell's...
- Mike Garrett in TideSports.com
I'm writing to follow up with you on the report that your institution called freshman USC football student-athlete Dillon Baxter without permission to contact,Garrett said in the letter to Moore. "I have spoken with Mr. Baxter and he has...