assay : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an appraisal of the state of affairs
they made an assay of the contents
- n a substance that is undergoing an analysis of its components
- n a written report of the results of an analysis of the composition of some substance
- n a quantitative or qualitative test of a substance (especially an ore or a drug) to determine its components; frequently used to test for the presence or concentration of infectious agents or antibodies etc.
- v analyze (chemical substances)
- v make an effort or attempt
- That screen, known as Oncotype Dx, is used widely today and relies on a 21-gene assay to tell patients how likely their cancer is to recur and whether their tumors will respond to .
- Since the Federal Government began paying $35 an ounce for gold last January, Treasury assay mint offices at New York, Philadelphia, Denver, San Francisco, New Orleans and .
- Still, it's something of a shock to learn that Monty Roberts' enormously popular, enormously self-approving memoir The Man Who Listens to Horses may assay out as part fiction.
- Susan Lindquist in Science Daily (press release)
Since our last exploration release on June 12, 2007, assay results from 44 holes totaling 35,964 feet of drilling have been received. We haven't hit any home runs yet, but we are on base and it is early in the game. We have advanced our... Rob McEwen http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_McEwen&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGE4qXW2ERfEiN2MpZ7jTQPV9dNzw CNNMoney.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/marketwire/0311538.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEa6c2vPV4RP-Z3oh5Pn4jDTyEMfg Oct 4, 2007
5924 8794 assay Lindquist says, The approach required a lot of assay development and a great deal of work but the results were very exciting."
- St Brendan in CNNMoney.com
The HIV-1 BED Incidence Assay is an important and complementary test to our Uni-Gold Rapid HIV platform in use throughout Africa and other emerging economies of the world impacted by HIV / AIDS,commented Brendan K. Farrell, CEO of Trinity...