- n the property of being large in mass
- v lift or elevate
- v test the weight of something by lifting it
- The Bi-Autogo was essentially a two-wheeled vehicle, carrying its considerable heft on 37-in.
- Lightweight at six ounces, it's got a balanced heft you might associate with a well-made handgun.
- Schwarzman's firm makes a pretty penny in a number of finance fields, including real estate and hedge funds, yet carries the most heft for its work in private equitya force that .
News & Articles
- Dr. Brazelton, Sensei Of Swaddle, And His Babysitting Era In Waco
Five stories that have North Texas talking: Waco-reared doctor reflects on almost a century spent listening to babies, Austin gains on Seattle in venture capital heft, a Dallas exonoree's case brings up the question: Should ex-spouses be awarded compensation for their former partners' wrongful convictions? and more.
June 17, 2013 - KERA North Texas
- Clearwire's board backs Dish offer, dealing blow to Sprint
Clearwire's board of directors has unanimously recommended its shareholders reject the takeover bid by Sprint Nextel, which owns roughly half of Clearwire, and instead accept a buyout offer from Dish Network. Sprint has been planning to buy out the remainder of Clearwire in conjunction with its possible acquisition by SoftBank, which would give Sprint the heft to make the deal possible. Before ...
June 13, 2013 - PC World
- Marie Claire Hosts 'Women Taking the Lead' Luncheon
Hearst Magazines has been intent on adding some heft to its fashion books over the past year. First, there was Cosmopolitan, which under the leadership of Joanna Coles has put a premium on political coverage and “leaning in” à la Sheryl Sandberg. Now, Marie Claire is proving its own current events know-all with a campaign to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the Equal Pay Act both in its ...
June 11, 2013 - AdWeek
- Joe Biden in USA Today
Over the last 100 years the middle class was built on the back of organized labor. Without their weight, heft and their insistence starting in the early 1900s we wouldn't have the middle class we have now, in my view,Biden told CNBC on...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in WOI
Another man likes Clinton, saying she "brings heft to the table" and "respect from around the world."
- Frank Miller in Los Angeles Times (blog)
The story will be the same heft as '300' but it cover a much, much greater span of time -- it's 10 years, not three days,Miller said. "This is a more complex story. The story is so much larger. The Spartans in '300' were being enclosed by...