frump : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a dull unattractive unpleasant girl or woman
she got a reputation as a frump
- Bette Midler, the designated frump in The First Wives Club, stares at Goldie Hawn's body with mixed feelings: envy for its sleekness and disdain for the work needed to maintain it.
- Last week the frump finally combed her hair and put on a touch of lipstick.
- Midler says she wanted Hawn's part because Hawn got to wear the best clothes, while her character was more of a frump.
- Twiggy in Stuff.co.nz
I'm always meeting women who are over 45 who are saying: `I don't know how to dress and I don't want to be a frump, I don't want to look like mutton dressed as lamb. Oh help me, what do I do?',Twiggy told AAP. "I realised there's a whole...
- Tina Brown in NEWS.com.au
The New York Post tabloid lampooned Camilla as "New York's Frump Tower" earlier in the week but in an article in yesterday's Washington Post, commentator Tina Brown noted that the prince appeared, at the age of 56, to finally have come into his own.
- Cindy Adams in Expressindia.com
The wedding of that prince of a guy to the Duchess of Frump or whatever those simians at the Palace titled Camilla is now on Saturday,Adams wrote. "What is it with these royal retards? Even a lowly scribe knew this blessed bliss absolutely...