- n a track or mark left by something that has passed
there as a trail of blood
a tear left its trail on her cheek
- n a path or track roughly blazed through wild or hilly country
- n evidence pointing to a possible solution
the trail led straight to the perpetrator
- v to lag or linger behind
- v go after with the intent to catch
- v move, proceed, or walk draggingly or slowly
John trailed behind his class mates
The Mercedes trailed behind the horse cart
- v hang down so as to drag along the ground
The bride's veiled trailed along the ground
- v drag loosely along a surface; allow to sweep the ground
The toddler was trailing his pants
- A few months ago when we were on the trail in Iowa literally on a bike trail riding a day of the RAGBRAI (Register's Annual Bike Ride Across Iowa), we came across these .
- Mark Sanford's adultery scandal is showering unprecedented attention on the beloved 2,200-mile hiking trail.
- As the good citizens of New Hampshire turn out in what are expected to be record numbers on this balmy winter's day, a couple of notes from the end of the trail: - I was traveling .
News & Articles
- Trail Rides Back in St. Landry Parish
In St. Landry Parish, there's promising news for the future of trail rides. The Kountry Bunnies trail ride was postponed after a temporary ban was put in place last month. At issue, the route, which included illegal travel on a state highway, but also threats of violence, after someone was killed in an earlier trail ride in Acadia Parish. Now changes have been made and the ride is on. After ...
June 14, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Trail of Tears commemorators conclude 1,000-mile Reconciliation Trek
A group of women and men prayerfully retracing one of the routes of the Cherokee 1836-’38 “Trail of Tears” will conclude their 1,000-mile journey of repentance and reconciliation with a gathering of native elders and Christian ministers Saturday morning.
June 14, 2013 - Tahlequah Daily Press
- Riverfront Trail Now Open After Flooding
The riverfront trail officially reopened Thursday morning after flooding caused it to close for about 1 1/2 weeks.
June 14, 2013 - The Missourian
- Barack Obama in Newsweek
Senator McCain has no need to be fearful about a debate,Obama told reporters. "He's a person of strong opinions and he's been expressing them on the campaign trail."
- Jim Buckmaster in FOXNews
That's been the case with nearly every serious violent crime that's been connected with the site,Buckmaster said in a telephone interview from San Francisco, where Craiglist is based. "There's an electronic trail leading to yourself. So...
- Abraham Lincoln in Odessa American
Abraham Lincoln said, "Fellow citizens, we cannot escape history, the fiery trail through which we pass will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the latest generation."