- n small crude shelter used as a dwelling
- v make one's home in a particular place or community
- v move, proceed, or walk draggingly or slowly
- They lived in an unpainted shack with their eleven kids.
- Police in several countries and former associates say that grimy shack, with its constant swarms of mosquitoes, rough concrete floors and hole-in-the-ground toilet, was the center .
- The 24-year-old dhobi, or washerman, earns his living ironing clothes with a coal-fired iron as his ancestors did, in the same shack in south Delhi's Lajpat Nagar district as his .
News & Articles
- Shake Shack’s Third D.C. Location Opens Next Week
Coming to F Street. Washingtonian reports Shake Shack's newest Washington, D.C., location will open at 800 F Street next Tuesday . Danny Meyer's hamburger restaurant will open at 11 a.m. with all kinds of festivities and some exclusive concretes . Meanwhile, the expansion-minded restaurateur tells Food Republic he's not necessarily interested in opening a full-service Brooklyn restaurant, at ...
June 20, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Ugly Radio Shack Has Beautiful Bones
Radio Shack is an ugly duckling that has shown some progress toward becoming a swan, but there is still much work to be done.
June 20, 2013 - TheStreet.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Critter Shack offers pets for adoption
Critter Shack will have an adoption event from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at PetSmart, 4439 Sunset Drive.
June 19, 2013 - The San Angelo Standard-Times
- Brian Jones in Guardian Unlimited
It was mine. I sent him a deposit and flew out two days after Christmas just to make sure it wasn't a falling-down shack,Jones said.
- Jackiey Budden in ic Wales
In another, Budden, who constantly called her "the Indian", asked: "Do you live in a house or a shack?"
- Jack Del Rio in MSNBC
Shack and I have known each other and worked together for a long time, and I'm sorry to see him leave the Jaguars,head coach Jack Del Rio said. "I respect Shack, as do many people in the league, and I appreciate his hard work and his...