- n the part of an animal that corresponds to the human buttocks
- n fleshy hindquarters; behind the loin and above the round
- n the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
- Six kitchen butchers double-grind ultra-lean round and rump steaks, mixing in a secret ratio of "clean" fat, and then double-press the patties in a mold to ensure cooking .
- And at this point there came a brave ring of courage from this rump League of Nations, now composed of only 42 nations as against the 60-odd that once belonged.
- In its natural habitat on European cliffs, the rock dove (Columba livid), with its grey coat, white rump and iridescent head and neck, is an attractive bird.
News & Articles
- Karyn Adams: Those who share will also learn
I knew the first week of June was going to be a rump-kicker when I scheduled two, back-to-back educational conferences for the first week of June. I co-led the first conference in St. Louis, Mo., with colleagues from private and public higher ed. The second event took place at Elon University in Burlington, N.C., and brought together 17 different colleges and universities to discuss enrollment ...
June 17, 2013 - Knoxville News Sentinel
- Butt Implant Death: Woman Dies After Receiving $2,300 Injections
A woman died hours after receiving $2,300 butt implants at a strip mall surgery center, a death her family say should have been prevented. Suyima Torres paid cash for the surgery to enhance her rump in April, then afterward became disoriented and struggled to the parking lot. The 28-year-old mother of two complained of being [...] Butt Implant Death: Woman Dies After Receiving $2,300 Injections ...
June 14, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Bird Bits: Exhausted, ravenous, the yellow-rumped warblers arrive
The yellow-rumped warblers arrived a mid-May morning. They were ravenous for the insect hatch that hovered above a puddle by the Airport Dike Trail. A dozen male warblers flitted out from the leafless willows.
June 14, 2013 - Juneau Empire
- Ismail Haniyeh in Middle East Online
We reject Bush's vision of a rump state,dismissed Hamas prime minister Ismail Haniya told hundreds of Palestinian pilgrims at a ceremony to mark their return from the Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca.
- Ian Paisley in guardian.co.uk
Mr Paisley said the defectors would be welcome in his party: "This is momentous decision that will deal a hammer blow to the Ulster Unionist party, leaving them little more than a rump."
- Tony Blair in Anchorage Daily News (registration)
Blair said it was vital the coalition succeed in bringing democracy to Iraq and defeat Saddam Hussein's "small rump of supporters aided and abetted by foreign terrorists."