- n the back of a military formation or procession
infantrymen were in the rear
- n the side of an object that is opposite its front
his room was toward the rear of the hotel
- n the part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer
it was hidden in the rear of the store
- n the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
- n the side that goes last or is not normally seen
- v stand up on the hind legs, of quadrupeds
The horse reared in terror
- v bring up
- v rise up
- v cause to rise up
- v construct, build, or erect
- s located in or toward the back or rear
the chair's rear legs
the rear door of the plane
on the rearward side
- Rear-engine cars are fun to drive and even more fun to crash.
- The first prototype had a wicked death wobble in the rear wheel.
- The car tended to erupt in flame in rear-end collisions.
News & Articles
- Truck driver airlifted after rear-ending big rig in Sugar Land
SUGAR LAND, Texas—A dump truck driver was seriously injured Wednesday afternoon after he rear-ended an 18-wheeler on Highway 90, according to Sugar Land police. The driver was traveling at a high rate of speed when he ran into the back of a big rig, which was stopped at a red light on Highway 90 at Highway 6. The impact pushed the 18-wheeler at least 30 feet forward. The dump truck driver, who ...
June 12, 2013 - KHOU 11 Houston
- Kids on field trip hurt when streetcar rear-ends bus in San Francisco
Several people, including children, have been transported to local hospitals after a streetcar rear-ended a bus in San Francisco.
June 12, 2013 - KGO-TV Bay Area
- Rear Slap Gets Ex-NFL Star 30 Days
Slap on lawyer's rear earns ex-NFL star Chad Johnson 30 days in jail for probation violation
June 10, 2013 - ABC News
- Brian Vickers in Austin American-Statesman
He hooked me in the left rear,Vickers said. "To wreck somebody intentionally like that in front of the entire field is really kind of dangerous."
- Carl Edwards in Kansas City Star
The way this works is the way a real smart racer explained it to me after he wrecked me, and I was real mad,Edwards said. "He said, 'I just had to look at your rear bumper and decide, would you do this to me? And you had before, so it was...
- Stan Van Gundy in Boston Herald
He missed it,Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy said. "I don't know what else to say. I'm not trying to be a pain in the (rear). I just don't know what else to say about it."