- s offensively self-assertive
- Writer-director Adrienne Shelly (who was randomly murdered before the film's release) mixes the comic and social ingredients to make a film that's bumptious, scrumptious fun.
- What the Post was referring to was the persistent habit of MacArthur's communique writers in jazzing up their bulletins with bumptious prose.
- The bumptious Prime Minister of Israel outdid himself, however, when speaking to reporters in an impromptu session at the parliament cafeteria early last week.
News & Articles
- Jody Rosen on Eydie Gormé (1928–2013)
Eydie Gormé, who died on Saturday at 84, was the beneficiary of two mid-century inventions: the television variety show and the Great American Songbook. Both were actually gentrified updates of earlier pop culture. TV variety reworked brash, bumptious vaudeville for the electronic age; the Great American Songbook was the fifties ... More »
Aug. 12, 2013 - Vulture
- John Howard in Courier Mail
Mr Howard said he would "never be so bumptious and full of myself to say we've never made mistakes".
- John Huston in Independent
Huston remembers her father being away so much that he was "a visitor in his own house. When we were little, we were his little adoring ones but then the time came when he returned and found slightly bumptious teenagers who weren't the enthusiastic...