- s tending to float on a liquid or rise in air or gas
buoyant balsawood boats
- s characterized by liveliness and lightheartedness
- At a time when most of us were afraid that the aids epidemic would explode in Thailand, with its buoyant sex trade and problems of drug addiction, Mechai spearheaded an aggressive .
- In that story, among many other things, experts claimed that what Coach Al Campanis more recently declared was true: blacks are less buoyant.
- I'm a big believer in geographic determinism, and I suspect the clement weather in San Francisco has a lot to do with its pervading buoyant mood.
News & Articles
- Paffett is making Mercedes-Benz happy - victory at Lausitzring
Klettwitz - With a dominant lights-to-flag victory for Brit Gary Paffett at Lausitzring, Mercedes-Benz makes a strong comeback in the battle for the DTM title. After 52 laps, the 2005 DTM champion crossed the finish line as the buoyant winner and already collected the winner’s trophy for the 20th time in the DTM. In the drivers’ standings, Paffett moved up to third place behind Bruno ... Keep ...
June 16, 2013 - Motorsport.com
- Japanese Market Up Sharply
The Japanese stock market opened on a buoyant note on Friday with the overnight strong close on Wall Street on some upbeat economic data triggering hectic buying across the board. The greenback's surge against the yen and hectic bargain hunting after the previous session's terrible setback too contributed to the rousing start.
June 14, 2013 - RTT News
- Socceroos manager Holger Osieck says ‘women should shut up in public’ at press conference
Feeling buoyant after Australia's resplendent 4-0 win over Jordan on Tuesday — which leaves the Socceroos three points away from automatic qualification to next year's World Cup Finals — manager Holger Osieck decided to treat journalists at a post-match press … Continue reading ?
June 12, 2013 - Dirty Tackle via Yahoo! Sports
- Stuart Pearce in BBC Sport
We are buoyant at the moment,Pearce told the FA website. "We have Carragher back from suspension and King back as well, so we are near enough at full strength and everyone is vying for a starting place. When you come to these tournaments...
- Geoff Dixon in Malaysia Star
The first six weeks of 2007/08 have been very strong for all our flying businesses and forward bookings are equally buoyant through to the end of the calendar year,Dixon said.
- Pat Riley in USA Today
Based on what's been going on this season with us, the gloom and doom thing has dampened the spirits,Riley said. "But I think yesterday was buoyant."