- s not easily borne; wearing; I only had to greet the guests"
the burdensome task of preparing the income tax return
- But the new Journal of Social Issues paper suggests this dilemma has become less burdensome in the age of Tiger Woods and Barack Obama.
- It feels burdensome, of course.
- And while many observers have said a GM or Chrysler should be allowed to go into bankruptcy to try and reorganize (and even possibly renegotiate some of its burdensome union .
- John McCain in Los Angeles Times
McCain said families would gain "the opportunity to trade a burdensome mortgage for a manageable loan that reflects the market value of their home."
- John Paul Stevens in ABC News
We cannot conclude that the statute imposes 'excessively burdensome requirements' on any class of voters,Stevens said.
- George Mitchell in Forbes
At the time of my appointment, I made clear that there could be no firm timetable for completion of this investigation,Mitchell said. "Understandably, for some, gathering the information I have requested has been burdensome and...