- n a native or inhabitant of Myanmar
- n the official language of Burma
- a of or relating to or characteristic of Myanmar or its people
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Hindu Business Line
To help achieve democratic reform, we will be engaging directly with Burmese authorities. This is a policy that has broad consensus across our government, and there will be more to report as we go forward,Clinton said told reporters.
- Barack Obama in Reuters
I once again call on the Burmese government to release Aung San Suu Kyi and all political prisoners immediately and unconditionally and to allow them to build a more stable, prosperous Burma that respects the rights of all its citizens,Obama...
- Julia Roberts in Hindustan Times
The message written by Bond star Daniel Craig says, "Nineteen years ago, the Burmese people chose Aung San Suu Kyi as their next leader. For most of those 19 years she has been kept under house arrest by the military junta that runs the country. We...