- v destroy by fire
They burned the house and his diaries
- v shine intensely, as if with heat
- v undergo combustion
- v cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort
The sun burned his face
- v cause to burn or combust
The sun burned off the fog
- v feel strong emotion, especially anger or passion
- v cause to undergo combustion
- v burn at the stake
Witches were burned in Salem
- v spend (significant amounts of money)
- v feel hot or painful
- v burn, sear, or freeze (tissue) using a hot iron or electric current or a caustic agent
- v get a sunburn by overexposure to the sun
- v create by duplicating data
- v use up (energy)
- v burn with heat, fire, or radiation
- s treated by heating to a high temperature but below the melting or fusing point
- s destroyed or badly damaged by fire
a row of burned houses
a burned-over site in the forest
- s ruined by overcooking
- When Alabama churches were bombed or burned in the South in the 1960s, the reason was never a mystery.
- The fires already have burned hundreds of acres to the east, north and south of that community, and the devastation has attracted the attention of the White House.
- The only Bricklin I ever sat in caught on fire and burned to the axles.
News & Articles
- Bodies Found in Burned Car ‘Circumstantially’ Identified
BUTTE COUNTY- The three bodies found inside a burned car along a skyway in Butte County are still waiting for DNA confirmation, but investigators say they have a good idea of who they are. Detectives with the Butte County Sheriff’s …
June 22, 2013 - FOX40 Sacramento
- Burned home remains mystery in northwest Harris County
HOUSTON – Neighbors are upset that a burned-out home located in the 1300 block of American Fork has been sitting idle in northwest Harris County for over a year. The home’s damage, which includes a missing roof and exposed bedroom, can be seen on Google Maps. Neighbors are fed up with the lingering eyesore nestled in their subdivision. “If it was in any other neighborhood, something would have ...
June 20, 2013 - KHOU 11 Houston
- Driver burned when dump truck overturns, bursts into flames
A dump truck driver was badly burned when his vehicle overturned in Marion County and caught fire, according to officials. The crash happened about 11:30 a.m. Thursday on Interstate 75 at mile marker 345. According to Ocala Fire Rescue, the driver received serious burns to his body and was taken to Shands Hospital. The dump truck was carrying limerock, which spilled onto two northbound lanes of ...
June 20, 2013 - Local 6 Orlando
- Vladimir Putin in International Herald Tribune
Of course, Saddam Hussein ought to have been hanged for destroying several Shiite villages,Putin said. "And the incumbent Georgian leaders who razed ten Ossetian villages at once, who ran elderly people and children with tanks, who burned...
- Bill Cowher in USA Today
I'm not burned out,Cowher said. "There comes a time in your life - I'm healthy and happy, and I've been fortunate - you've got to prioritize things. My family has made a lot of sacrifices for me, and I'm looking forward to being there for...
- Lolo Jones in MSNBC (press release)
It was like racing a car at max velocity. When you hit a curve, you either maintain control or you crash and burn,Jones said. "Today, I crashed and burned. I'm shocked and sad. But I'm happy for the girls."