- n a disreputable vagrant
a homeless tramp
- n a person who engages freely in promiscuous sex
- n a foot traveler; someone who goes on an extended walk (for pleasure)
- n a heavy footfall
the tramp of military boots
- n a commercial steamer for hire; one having no regular schedule
- n a long walk usually for exercise or pleasure
- v travel on foot, especially on a walking expedition
We went tramping about the state of Colorado
- v walk heavily and firmly, as when weary, or through mud
- v cross on foot
We had to tramp the creeks
- v move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
- In the stillness, there was only a muffled tramp! tramp! tramp! as the worn-out prisoners moved north, or a sudden, shuddering thump as an ammunition dump went off, or a dull .
- The most familiar image of Charlie Chaplin remains that of the little tramp turning away from the camera, shaking off his disappointments like so much lint and jigging off toward .
- The tramp from Beverly Glen is Actor Bobb Hopkins, 39, founder of the National Hobo Association.
News & Articles
- Wednesday June 12, 2013 – AM
Mike talks to Professor Andrew Hudgins about the art of badly-timed jokes, hears from Dennis Byrne about pickpockets and reveals predictable stats about tramp stamps. …
June 12, 2013 - WGN Radio Chicago
- Dr Joyce Brothers in USA Today
For men to be virgins, we think it's negative,said Brothers. "We think that there's something wrong with them. At the same time, we think when a woman gives up her virginity too early she's a bit of a tramp."
- Emma Watson in NDTV.com
It s kind of an ode to 'Lady and the Tramp'. George is Tramp and I m Lady,said Watson who caused a paparazzi frenzy with her boyfriend at the Glastonbury Music Festival weekend.
- Sir Alex Ferguson in guardian.co.uk
That's where we played him the other night (in the League Cup against Middlesbrough),Ferguson told reporters. "The days for Ryan at nearly 35 years of age to tramp up and down the touchline are gone. He can maybe do it the odd time but I...