vagabond : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n anything that resembles a vagabond in having no fixed place
pirate ships were vagabonds of the sea
- n a wanderer who has no established residence or visible means of support
- v move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
- s wandering aimlessly without ties to a place or community
led a vagabond life
- s continually changing especially as from one abode or occupation to another
- Raju, not knowing his prominent, blighted parentage, grows up a vagabond, falls in love with the judge's adopted daughter (Nargis) and is charged with a crime that must be decided .
- There were those in Fielding's novel who smugly foresaw that amorous vagabond dangling from the highest scaffold at Tyburn gallows.
- Early on, the boy learned the vagabond independence an actor needs.
News & Articles
- Vagabonds didnt exactly rough it
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- They called themselves "The Vagabonds." Almost a century ago, long before travel trailers and motor homes became popular, four well-known public figures wandered the countryside in a caravan of trucks, camping and hiking...
June 14, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- Cass McCombs on Moving Around, His "Beauty Filter," and Why He Doesn't Like Talking About the Past
The vagabond. The recluse. The wanderer. The elusive anti-media troubadour. Cass McCombs has been called a lot of things. But in every description of the mystery man, there is always high praise...
June 12, 2013 - SF Weekly Blogs
- NBA Finals, Game 3: Spurs' role players reign
SAN ANTONIO -- You need two things to make it in the NBA: talent and opportunity. The former often gives way to the latter, but in the case of Gary Neal and Danny Green , it took the right set of circumstances to allow their talent to flourish. The 28-year-old Neal was, and still is, a basketball vagabond. His career has taken him from Turkey to Spain and Italy before getting a chance with the ...
June 12, 2013 - SB Nation
- Steve Allen in Daytona Beach News-Journal
My daughter's about to start high school, and I've never been a vagabond coach,Allen said. "I was very fortunate to be given the opportunity I was given at FPC, and I'm very grateful for the time I had there."
- William C. Preston in Hernando Today
Sen. William Campbell Preston of South Carolina predicted that, "Every whippersnapper vagabond ...... might think it proper to have his name distinguished in the same way."
- Kirk Ferentz in ESPN
I've had paychecks from three different places now since 1981,Ferentz said. "My first full-time job was here [at Iowa]. I'm not a vagabond coach, and I like it where I'm at. ...... I don't see things changing here."