roam : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
The gypsies roamed the woods
The cattle roam across the prairie
- Download the free Hotline software and head into a parallel universe, where MP3s roam free.
- Three days later, she arises from the dead and begins to roam the earth seeking revenge on Dracula.
- In Franco's Spain, where Resistance fighters roam the woods, a sadistic officer (Sergi Lopez) is determined to wipe them out.
News & Articles
- Baby Alligators In The Sewers Grow Up Fast In Philly
It's common for cynical New Yorkers to shrug off the legions of alligators that roam our sewer system as the stuff of Urban Legend, but every now and then one of these creatures rears its fanged head above ground, and then you have to send a letter of apology to that drunk guy at the end of the bar who you thought was just a gullible gator conspiracy theorist. In August of 2010, to cite one ...
June 14, 2013 - Gothamist
- Roam And Wander's TuTu Turns iPhones And iPod Touches Into Cuddly Children's Toys
Children's entertainment studio Roam & Wander wants spark children's imaginations by bridging the gap between touchscreens and real-life toys. The Hong Kong and Taipei-based startup's top-selling iOS app, Sticker Games, allows kids to earn real stickers sent through postal mail. Now its first stuffed animal, a pink bunny named TuTu that comes with a set of touch-enabled accessories for iPhones ...
June 12, 2013 - TechCrunch
- Places to roam this summer
Places to roam this summer Beaumont Enterprise Copyright 2013 Beaumont Enterprise. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 12:17 pm, Tuesday, June 11, 2013 Once one of the richest cities in the United States, Galveston was devastated by the Great Storm of 1900 that killed more than 6,000 of its residents. The city rebuilt and ...
June 12, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
Welcome, enjoy yourself,Obama told a young man in a black sweater. "Roam around. Don't break anything."
- Larry Sabato in International Herald Tribune
Given these bad times, she's going to have a much more difficult time traveling outside Alaska,said Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia's Center for Politics. "When times are good, people will let their governor roam. In...
- Victoria Beckham in San Francisco Chronicle
A spokeswoman for former Spice Girl Victoria, adds, "She was more than happy to let the sheep roam around her grounds, but as a devout vegetarian, she will be distraught to learn that they're going to be killed."