cast : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the actors in a play
- n container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens
- n the distinctive form in which a thing is made
pottery of this cast was found throughout the region
- n the visual appearance of something or someone
the delicate cast of his features
- n bandage consisting of a firm covering (often made of plaster of Paris) that immobilizes broken bones while they heal
- n object formed by a mold
- n the act of throwing dice
- n the act of throwing a fishing line out over the water by means of a rod and reel
- n a violent throw
- v put or send forth
cast a spell
cast a warm light
- v deposit
cast a vote
cast a ballot
- v select to play,sing, or dance a part in a play, movie, musical, opera, or ballet
He cast a young woman in the role of Desdemona
- v throw forcefully
- v assign the roles of (a movie or a play) to actors
Who cast this beautiful movie?
- v move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
- v form by pouring (e.g., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold
cast a bronze sculpture
- v get rid of
- v choose at random
- v formulate in a particular style or language
She cast her request in very polite language
- v eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth
- But if you think the heft of the material had any effect on the seriousness with which the all-star ensemble cast prepared for their roleswell, you'd be right.
- In the martial-arts drama Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Ang Lee and a cast of big stars struggle with moviemaking on the mainland (11291999).
- JASON: Fatal, vile sorceress, Cruel woman, whom I have cast out, go away, go away from here! Your punishment awaits you! MEDEA : Ah! Leave here? If this is to be my.
News & Articles
- Fannett's 'Big Lou' cast fishing line clear across Astrodome
Fannett's 'Big Lou' cast fishing line clear across Astrodome Beaumont Enterprise Copyright 2013 Beaumont Enterprise. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 9:22 am, Tuesday, June 11, 2013 The rod swings about 270 degrees while a bat or a golf club will cycle almost completely in a circle. On the other side of the Astrodome ...
June 12, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- ‘Awkward.’ cast dishes on tonight’s mid-season finale and one ‘pivotal’ moment
The cast of Awkward. was hard at work on the second half of their third season when EW hit the set
June 11, 2013 - Entertainment Weekly
- Cast of Matilda The Musical Performs on "Late Show with David Letterman" June 11
The cast of Matilda The Musical, winner of four 2013 Tony Awards, will perform on the June 11 broadcast of "The Late Show with David Letterman."
June 11, 2013 - Playbill
- Tony Kornheiser in Washington Post
If I could handpick a replacement of a football guy, I would cast a net and drag in Jon Gruden,Kornheiser said. "He is the two things you most want -- smart and funny -- and has the two things I don't -- good hair and a tan."
- President Bush in ABC News
No matter how they cast their votes, all Americans can be proud of the history that was made,Bush said.
- Antonin Scalia in Leagle.com
As the Supreme Court explained, however, the Second Amendment "is not unlimited," and its ruling in Heller "should [not] be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons."