- n people who are sick
they devote their lives to caring for the sick
- v eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth
- a affected by an impairment of normal physical or mental function
- s feeling nausea; feeling about to vomit
- s affected with madness or insanity
- s having a strong distaste from surfeit
sick of it all
sick to death of flattery
gossip that makes one sick
- s (of light) lacking in intensity or brightness; dim or feeble
- s deeply affected by a strong feeling
sat completely still, sick with envy
she was sick with longing
- s shockingly repellent; inspiring horror
- The sick headache, that nuisance in households one of whose members suffers therefrom, last week received close study at the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
- The success of the sick comics has given amateur analysts and sociologists a field day.
- And sociologists, both professional and amateur, see in the sick comedians a symptom of the 20th century's own sickness.
News & Articles
- Study: Paid sick leave key to preventing spread of flu
According to researchers at the University of Pittsburgh, the key to preventing the spread of the flu at work is paid sick leave. The researchers simulated a flu outbreak and found universal access to paid sick leave could cut the number of flu cases in the workplace by six percent. The study is only an estimate, but researchers said it makes a strong case for paid sick days.
June 14, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Scott's sick-leave bill signing brings out the fans and critics
TALLAHASSEE - Florida Gov. Rick Scott didn't waste much time in signing a bill Friday that would block local governments from enacting mandatory paid sick time measures, such as the one pending in Orange County.
June 14, 2013 - Orlando Sentinel
- Universal paid sick leave reduces spread of flu
Allowing all employees access to paid sick days would reduce influenza infections in the workplace by nearly 6 percent, according to a first-of-its-kind analysis. The researchers simulated an influenza epidemic in Pittsburgh and surrounding Allegheny County and estimated it to be more effective for small, compared to large, workplaces.
June 13, 2013 - Science Daily
- Barack Obama in San Francisco Chronicle
Reform is about every American who has ever feared that they may lose their coverage if they become too sick, or lose their job, or change their job,Obama said.
- Candice Miller in guardian.co.uk
We are going to have a complete government takeover of our healthcare system faster than you can say, 'this is making me sick',said Candice Miller, a Republican from Michigan, after the vote.
- Patrick Leahy in International Herald Tribune
I am sick and tired of getting half-truths on this,Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy said Sunday. "I do not believe in this 'We'll have a private briefing for you where we'll tell you everything' and they don't."